Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 9

I'm really learning a lot about myself during this reset! It is ever more clear that I was addicted to sugar! CRAZY! Totally crazy! I can't believe how much I think about eating something sweet! I've done just fine avoiding it, but it has most definitely been on my mind every day! I watched a compelling video today about sugar! Here is the link http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7403942n . It was a 60 minutes segment on sugar being toxic! If you have a few minutes, take the time to watch the video. It may change your perspective forever...especially if you have kids!
The other thing I've learned is that I am more of an emotional eater than I knew! I eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, excited...etc. etc.! Now, eating 3 regular meals per day, when I have those emotions I am choosing to drink water.
Finally, I've realized that I often found that when I sat down in front of the tv that I often started feeling the urge to eat! Apparently, that is a habit that needed breaking! Here is another interesting article on that topic! http://therapyinphiladelphia.com/selfhelp/tips/compulsive_eating_watching_television/

No comments:

Post a Comment